HP Australia Kids Fund Grant – Intake 1
Terms & Conditions of Entry
Instructions on how to apply for this grant form part of these Terms & Conditions of Entry. Entry into HP Australia Kids Fund (“Grant”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions of Entry.
“Promoter" means HP PPS Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 16 603 480 628) of Rhodes Corporate Park Building F, Level 5, 1 Homebush Bay Drive, Rhodes, NSW 2138
“Grant period” commences at 12.01am (AEST, Australian Eastern Standard Time) on Friday 10th October 2017 and finishes at 12.01am on 12th February 2018. Successful applicants will be notified via email or phone by 12th March, 2018.
“Grant” means AUD$10,000 per school to go towards the purchase of HP devices via our Education Excellence Partners for utilisation within the school.
"Participant" means: Any head teacher, headmaster, headmistress, head, chancellor, principal or teacher applying on behalf of an Australian School at the time of the Grant Applications.
To enter this Grant, Participants must:
- Submit a short, engaging video (maximum 60 seconds) at https://kidsfund.thehphub.com highlighting how AU$10,000 could help your school become more innovative or help achieve better Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) learning outcomes
- Be willing to take part in at least one video case study once the grant is received.
- Display a sign that identifies them as a HP school on their website and banner at the school ground.
Only one entry per Participant is permitted during the course of this project.
Entries will only be accepted via https://kidsfund.thehphub.com. We do not accept entries in any other way.
By submitting an entry, Participants and grant receivers consent to the public disclosure of their names, responses and content promoted for publicity purposes.
GRANT SELECTION CRITERIA
The grant recipients will be selected at promoter’s absolute discretion based on the following criteria:
- Creativity of entry
- Length of entry (maximum 60 seconds video)
Clear description on how the grant will:
- Help students at your school be more innovative
- Help your students learn or excel in STEM subjects
The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Participants (including a Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- The grant value in these Terms & Conditions is in Australian Dollars.
- Liability for any tax on any grant provided to Participants from this Promotion will be the sole responsibility of the Participant. It is recommended that Participants should contact their own accountant or taxation advisor in this regard.
- This grant is not transferable and cannot be taken as or redeemed for cash.
- If this Grant is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Participant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Grant, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Grant website is the Participant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Participant invalid.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to, where arising out the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or grant claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in grant value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the receiver or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- Participants hereby agree that the Promoter has the right to use all and any content submitted by Participant for this Promotion for any purpose the Promoter deems fit to the extent permitted by law, including without limitations for publicity purposes and communications related to this promotion and herby grants to the Promoter a royalty-free, perpetual and non-exclusive license to use the copyright and all other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in the answer for such purposes. Participants agree to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of these Terms & Conditions. Participants also agree in so far as it is permitted by law to waive all moral rights in the answer submitted including the right of attribution of authorship.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose only, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. All entries become the property of the promoter.
- The laws of New South Wales, Australia apply to the Grant to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.